Project Name: Proposed Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Expansion – Building M
Owner: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, Inc.
Client: Lancaster New Holland Real Estate, Inc.
Location: Leola, PA (Upper Leacock Township)
Challenges to be solved:
1. Obtaining the necessary permits from PennDOT and Upper Leacock Township for the proposed Building M expansion to the existing Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories facility.
2. Provide safe and appropriate access to the heavily traveled SR 0023 and Geist Road for the employees during shift changes.
3. Minimize the impacts to the adjacent property owners.
Tasks Completed by TRG:
1. PennDOT Transportation Impact Study (TIS) which included conceptual plans for the center left turn lane.
2. Township Supplement to TIS for the intersections the Township required analysis to be completed for.
3. Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP) plans for the proposed driveway as well as the widening of SR 0023 for a center left turn lane.
4. Traffic Signal design for the intersection of SR 0023 and Geist Road to reflect the proposed roadway improvements.
5. Coordination with the adjacent property owners due to the proposed roadway widening impacting their driveways.
1. The required permits were obtained from PennDOT to provide access to the proposed expansion as well as to widen SR 0023 to provide a center left turn lane. The roadway improvements were constructed along the with proposed Building M expansion.