Daniel J. Thornton, P.E.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE / TRAFFIC ENGINEER
As a Senior Associate with the firm, Dan is responsible for managing numerous projects throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland. The project management includes the preparation of the scoping application which includes coordination with PennDOT, local municipalities and private developers, preparation of the transportation impact studies for the projects and the design of the Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP) for any driveways or roadway improvements. In addition, Dan has conducted various types of traffic studies including delay, queue, gap, speed, and site access studies. Dan has also prepared and designed traffic signal permit plans for private developers and local municipalities.
- Professional Engineer, Pennsylvania (2003)
- Professional Engineer, Virginia (2006)
- Professional Engineer, Maryland (2008)
- Harford Community College, A.S. Pre-Civil Engineering (1993)
- University of Maryland, B.S. Civil Engineering, Concentration in Structural Engineering (1995)
- Years With TRG: 24 (June 1997 to present)
- Years With Other Firms: 2
- The Engineering Society of York (ESOY)
- Institute of Transportation Engineers – Mid-Atlantic Section (ITE/MASITE)
- York County Food Bank Volunteer (current)
- Dover Lacrosse Board Member / Coach (past)